Are you looking for the best mini dirt bikes for kids? Over the last couple of decades and generations, we, parents have been looking for ways our children can have a better life than we did. That is just a parental instinct that has been wired to all of us.
Well, the good news is that the latest generation of cool tools that are out there for kids in relations to best dirt bikes is unbelievable. Now, you have no reason to say that you have nothing cool to get your kids for Christmas this year.
In fact, lots of the models of dirt bikes out there are astounding enough to make most adults downright jealous (me included.) and I bet that by the time I am done with this post, the feeling will be mutual. Without further delay, we will skip to the main section and look at the best mini dirt bikes out there you can get today.
And I urge you to ensure that you stick to the end of the post because, at the end of this article, I have also included a list of some of the most Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) as well as their answers.
6 Best Mini Dirt Bikes Reviews For Kids
Razor MX350 Dirt Rocket
- Scaled down, battery-powered electric moto-cross dirt bike for off-road riding
- Super quiet, single speed, chain driven motor with a twist grip throttle control
- Large knobby tires; hand operated rear brake and battery life is up to 30 min
- Speeds up to 14 miles per hour with no pedaling needed!
- Designed for ages 13 and up; 90-day warranty
This mini dirt bike is astoundingly quiet during operation even after it has attained its top speed. The tool also retails with a hand-operated rear brake, a twist-grip throttle, and large knobby pneumatic tires.
The tool’s power source is the 12V batteries that are in place to give it a total power of 24V. in addition to that, the electric dirt bike for children will last for approximately 30 minutes when rode continuously at a full speed and will afterward take around 6 hours to recharge fully.
Lucky for you, when you place an order, a charger will be included in the package that you receive.
This electric dirt bike model can also attain a top speed of up to 14mph. better yet, according to the tool’s manufacturer, it has been recommended for children who are around 12 years of age.
Most reviews I read, the writers claimed that their children started using the appliance when they were ten or nine years old and to date, the tool is still operating the same way it did when it was new. As far as weight is concerned, this little wizard can easily handle up to 150 lbs, and that is more than decent given the size of the tool
- Very amazing for off-road experiences
- Retails with adjustable handlebars
- Boasts a great price to value ration
- The battery life is quite too short
- Assembling the mini dirt bike was also a bit tricky
Razor SX500 Dirt Rocket
- Inspired by the winningest motocross rider in history, Jeremy McGrath
- Complete with authentic McGrath graphics and fairing design, genuine dirt bike frame geometry and a high-torque, Variable speed motor...
- Carries riders at speeds of up to 15 mph with 40 minutes of continuous use. Throttle is twist-grip
- Features dual suspension and riser handlebars, large pneumatic knobby tires, retractable kickstand, and hand operated dual disc...
- Frame: Steel, Motor: chain-driven, Fork: Double-crown, Foot Pegs: Folding, metal
This mini dirt bike is an amazing choice for those, like me, who are big fans of motocross riding since the motorbike takes direct inspiration form Jeremy McGrath. This tool would also be the perfect gift for young ones who pay attention to the Motorcross world.
Bear in mind that this choice also boasts a surprising level of power hanks to the three, 12-volt battery systems that have been fit into the tool. The power has also been topped off by the high torque design of the appliance.
The riser handlebars and dual suspension are in place to ensure that the tool is easier to ride whereas the knobby tires will keep the grip perfect even when one is riding over tough surfaces. Razor Dirt Rocket SX500 dual-suspensions an amazing choice for all mid-range rider who may be looking for the upgrade step up their minibike journey.
- This bike boasts a really aesthetic design
- Can last up to 4o minutes while operating at the highest speed
- Boasts a dual-suspension that makes it easy to ride
- Very fast
- Safe to use for beginners
- This tool is approximately 30 lbs heavier than the MX350
- The 90-day warranty does not entice most individuals
Starmax 40cc Gas Dirt Bike
No products found.
If you’re scouring the market looking for the best gas powered mini dirt bike for your children, then this is the bike for you. This bad boy’s design looks astounding, thanks to the black and red details that have been perfectly placed.
This Starmax 40cc Gas Dirt Bike also boasts a single cylinder, a fuel tank that can handle 1.2 liters, as well as a 4 stroke 40cc engine gas. If you are also looking for the best tool that can run for long without you having to worry about batteries, then this is the product for you.
- Can handle any terrains without struggling
- Retails with a gas-fuelled 40cc engine
- Very durable
- Nice design
- Pretty powerful
- Not very easy to assemble
- The tank fuel is pretty small
Xtreme PowerUS 49cc Gas Dirt Bike
- High torque motor engine allowing the young riders to travel at speeds up from 15-20 mph depending on the terrain
- 51cc 2-Stroke gas bike provides a strong kick out of this bike; Created with high quality material for handling all types of tough...
- Large pneumatic knobby tires and twist-grip throttle so your kid can maneuver the bike easily and control the acceleration
- Designed with hand-operated front and back brake discs to quickly break when needed
- Recommended age of rider is 13 years old and up. Maximum weight capacity is 120 lbs; EPA certified parts
Xtreme PowerUS 49cc Gas Dirt Bike is another gas-powered dirt bike retailing with a 2 stroke engine. What I loved most about this bike is that it performed seamlessly in all sorts terrains, even some of the roughest ones.
The bike also retails with a large knob-like tire, an ultimate suspension so you can go over bumps without feeling the effect, and very nice grips that make it very easy to use. Basically, this bike allows whoever is rinding it to easily control the speed and while at the same time ensuring that they’re maintaining maximum control.
- Retails at a very affordable price
- Boasts strong rear and front disc brakes
- Comes with an impressive fuel capacity of 1 liter
- Easy to use
- Easy to maneuver
- Great for strolling around a city. Doesn’t boasts a very far range
SYX MOTO 50cc Holeshot
- IDEAL BEGINNER DIRT BIKE CHOICE - FEATURE 1: Real 2-stroke ENGINE, instead of noisy lawn mower motor. FEATURE 2: Equipped with IMPROVED...
- 365-DAY CUSTOMER SERVICE: We provide 365-day customer service via email and phone call support during busniess hours. UPS SIGNATRE...
- WARRANTY COVERED:We warranty the products to be free of material defects in workmanship for the warranty period from the date your...
- SPECIFICATIONS: Great size for beginner product size is 50inch x 22inch x 33.5inch with seat height 23 inches. Dry Weight:...
- WHAT'S IN THE BOX - Holeshot Mini Dirt Bike. Tool kit and hardware required to assemble the unit. Owner's Manual. Decal set. EASY TO...
SYX MOTO 50cc Holeshot is truly the best entry-level mini dirt bike thanks to its standard 50cc engine that it retails with. It also happens to be the biggest mini dirt bike in this enumeration, which is very enticing to some individuals
SYX MOTO 50cc Holeshot’s speed limiter is also astounding. If you decide not to change anything and prefer to drive the bike while it’s on its default setting, then you can still reach the maximum speed, i.e 30mpj. That is enticing, but a bit dangerous for beginners.
- Can reach the maximum speed even in its default setting
- Very nice design
- The largest on this list, which makes it enticing for heavy individuals
- Very affordable
- The engine is quite noisy
- It can reach a fast speed of up to 30mph
Massimo MB200 SuperSized
Last, but by no means the least, let us look at this astounding beauty from Massimo. This Massimo MB200 dirt bike model is a supersized mini dirt bike that is one of the best when it comes to mini dirt bikes for adults.
This tool is also easy to operate and very high quality, and if you acquire it, you can rest assured you’ll be mindblown by the top speed of 24mph. isn’t that impressive? To top it off, this tool is super durable and you can rest assured it’ll keep serving you for years if you take good care of it.
- Very price friendly
- Very easy to maneuver even if you’re in high terrains
- Easy to assemble even for beginners
- It’s an all-terrain mini dirt bike
- Only retails with a six-month warranty
- A bit too heavy
Frequently Asked Questions
As promised at the beginning of the post, I told you I would include an enumeration of some of the frequently asked questions regarding mini dirt bikes. I have included this section here in order to give you a better understanding of these tools you’re about to get for your loved one as a present.
With that in mind, here is a detailed enumeration
What are the main types of mini dirt bikes out there?
Well, mini dirt bikes usually fall into two main categories, and these are electric and gas-powered. In fact, this is one of the main factors that you will need to consider while choosing the best mini dirt bike . in regards to which one is better than the other, ill say that it all depends on your needs and personal preferences.
Below is a short and detailed rundown of the pros and cons of each.
- Can usually handle a higher weight
- Is generally cheaper to purchase compared to an electric one
- Can reach higher speeds compared to its electric counterpart
- It is not legal in some states (e.g. California)
- Usually requires regular maintenance
- Very low maintenance compared to gas-powered mini dirt bikes
- Once you acquire it, it has very low running costs
- Great for beginners due to its lower speeds
- Has a lower weight limit
- For some individuals, a one hour range is not sufficient riding time
- It takes longer to recharge the battery
- Generally, usually more expensive upfront compared to the electric mini dirt bikes
How durable are mini dirt bikes?
Most, if not all mini dirt bikes are generally designed to ride through moderately tough terrains. In fact, most that you will come across are usually operated in backyards, on sidewalks, and at times through suburban neighborhoods.
Usually, they are also designed in a way that they can take a little bit of punishment since the designers assumed that they will be operated by children. What’s more? Depending on the mini dirt bike model, you’ll realize that some of the retail with track-in suspensions whereas others retail without. This, however, will impact a rider more than it will impact the mini dirt bike.
That said, form a durability point of view, note that the durability of most mini dirt bikes will fall in the same category: provided they are used by the people they were initially intended to be used by. If a mini dirt bike is specifically designed to be used by a kid, then an adult using it will only minimize its durability profoundly.
But here are a few things that you should note if you want to boost or maintain the durability of your bike.
During my testing sessions, I realized that bikes with a suspension system were more prone to failure compared to those without due to the extra parts that were added. And this is essentially true for mini dirt bikes that were ridden by riders who passed the maximum weight threshold that the mini dirt bike was designed for.
On the other hand, a mini dirt bike that retails without a suspension system is usually a bit rougher on the person riding it, even though it makes the mini dirt bike way more sturdy and less likely to fail or need replacement and maintenance parts.
So if your kid intends to ride his/her mini dirt bike regularly, then a suspension system will come in handy. this is mainly because most impacts (such as those from jumps or airborne acrobatics) will be instantly mitigated by the suspension.
So the bottom line for this factor is how frequently your kid will be riding the bike.
How fast do mini dirt bikes go?
Usually, the speed limit of a mini dirt bike is affected by two main factors, and these include the weight of the person riding it as well as the output of the bike’s engine. Most mini dirt bikes that you will come across out there boast a 50cc or 49cc two-stroke engine.
This is usually the same size as the motor that you may find on chainsaws. As a general rule of thumb, gas-powered dirt bike models usually can reach up to 26 miles per hour whereas electric-powered dirt bike models range from 12 to 17 miles per hour.
With that in mind, it implies that electric dirt bike models are usually ideal for beginners because the top speeds that they reach are easy to handle and controllable for anyone. Make sure you or the person you are getting a dirt bike for has sufficient experience operating these appliances before getting a gas-powered model.
How long can a mini dirt bike run for?
The operating time of a mini dirt bike is usually directly affected by the type of mini dirt bikes you intend to operate. When it comes to gas-powered mini dirt bikes, the limiting factor is usually the size of the tank.
And generally speaking, the dirt bikes I tested while crating this post had an operational time of around 20 min when I had a full tank of gas. Also, note that the tank sie will vary from one dirt bike to another, but most of them can usually handle 0.2 gallons of gas.
This factor also makes gas-powered dirt bikes ideal for the long term and experienced bike riders who will not need to take breaks while operating the tool
Electric dirt bikes, on the other hand, usually function on a charged battery that has been charged through standard 120V power outlets. The charge times will differ, but the general range is usually 9 to 12 hours for the batteries to be charged fully.
Electric dirt bikes’ batteries can usually also last for up to an hour if you’re riding the mini dirt bike at a full speed. But this usually is a downside because the tool will need to undergo a full charge cycle before it is ready to use again.
There you have it, a rundown of the best mini dirt bikes out there today as well as some of the frequently asked questions about the tools. I hope my guide helped you find the one that best fits your needs and personal preferences. All you need to do now is check its current price and place an order.